Sunday, August 20, 2017

Long Weekends and My Dirty Shoes

I’m blogging from home and I’m so happy! This is awesome! Two consecutive long weekends is something employees like me really need – even if it’s just a staycation. I don’t have a lot of things to do besides my usual plan to finish watching those Korean dramas and some studying/reading, but the fact that I could spend a lot of lazy time looks really appealing.

The other day on my way to work, I noticed that my shoes was dirty. It’s made of fabric and I would not want to wash it by scrubbing with soap and water because it’s one of those cheap from the mall and if I try to clean them it might shorten its life. So I wear them dirty. And I don’t want to buy new shoes yet.

I have read somewhere that people judge you by your shoes. I did not give it much thought until this time, when that shoes of mine got distractingly dirty. It’s gray and been using it since February when my cousin paid it for me when she was on vacation from Dubai. It’s one of my most comfortable shoes so I wear often and it has endured the sun, rain, the spits, dog poops in the streets, and my heavy heart since then. Tough shoes, right?! No signs of breaking down, except for those dirt.

that shoes!
I walk a lot. Every day to work, I walk for around ten minutes to the transportation terminals, depending on my speed. Sometimes during lunch breaks at work, I’d go to the markets (both public and super) to buy groceries and fresh fruits, walking under the midday sun. Imagine the dirt my shoes has collected all this time?


I wear shoes to protect my feet. I assume that’s also the reason why most wear shoes. And the ground where it touches all the time is not the cleanest space on earth.  Maybe some people wear shoes for other reason besides protecting their feet, and if they get both benefit that would be awesome. I am not obsessed with shoes. I can live with one pair of shoes in my lifetime but since life does not go that way, and people, especially women, having only one pair of shoes for all my life’s event does not sound ---- what, normal?!


So what am I talking here?! It’s just to let people know that it’s not fair to judge me if they see me wearing dirty shoes. I keep my feet clean, and the inner parts of the shoes, I wear socks when needed, and promise my feet are not perfect but nice, and they don’t stink! My mind may be dirty some times but I have a clean heart and I have nothing but good intentions and faith in humanity. I promise!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and I love you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...