Wednesday, September 27, 2017

A Melo-Dramatic Mid-Week

Just counting the days before a friend/co-worker’s last day at work. She would be moving to another employer soon and we’re just counting the days she’ll be working with us. It was really nice having here around. Before she came, the working environment was a bit boring. I’m sad that she’s leaving. I’m sad that people who taught me things about life and work are slowly leaving me, one by one. But, well, there’s Facebook. But it would still be different.

The grass is always greener on the other side. I hope to move over there where the fences are whiter  (and looks always newly painted) and higher. I hope to move to a better place where my presence and work is appreciated. I hope to work with people who wants me to learn more, and accomplish more, and happy to see me improve and reach my potential. I hope to work with people with whom I share the same values of valuing other people and help me be successful in every aspect of my life. And I, am willing to contribute all I can, to also help others achieve their goals. But where is this place?

It’s been more than ten years. I thought this was where I want to work until my retirement days, but things have changed, and some (or should I say most) people have grown worse.  

You – you who thought that you were the most intelligent form of human being ever walked on earth! I’m being harsh but that’s what I think about you, and I know what I think about you does not matter to you so I will think of the worst about you anyway, my right, right? And I believe that that’s the real you until you prove me wrong.  I compare you to the Dementors at the Azkaban prison. You suck all the positive of me, but I’m glad that I have become powerful to fight you with my patronus charm. Never again you would make me feel worst about myself by the way you treat me. Never!!

You –  son of a gun, I don’t know what to call you. Where is your education? You speak about people and things that don’t reflect professionalism that the janitors seem to have better manners than you. You are not an example of a leader that I wish I could invite you to come and sit in my Executive Training class in my MBA school so you would realize that you are far from a good leader and I’m happy to recommend you books that would enlighten your mind. Please don’t treat people in the lowest level of the company as robots. They are human beings sacrificing time and energy to earn money for their family, like you! But where is your heart? And I bet your balls are not in the right places.

Them – I don’t know what to say but I wish they just treat everyone fair. I mean EVERYONE. Every life in this company that works for them. I wish them to be FAIR. If they can treat other people right, if they give some proper credits, if they appreciate some for their efforts and hard work, why not do it to EVERYONE! Stop playing favorites.


I don’t want to lose hope but it seems like I’m being a fool to myself.  It’s like convincing my eyes that what I’m seeing are all lies and being blinded by assumptions.  I have been teaching myself to be that positive kind of person that I always dreamed to be,  and recently I have been doing a good job. But this situation is kind of becoming difficult. Little by little, I feel like losing my grip. I feel so left behind. I feel stuck, I feel unappreciated and I don’t want to ever go back to that feeling of uselessness again. 


1 comment:

Thank you for reading my blog and I love you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...