Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Almost Forty

I can't believe that I'm almost forty. Last month I turned thirty nine. It's only now that the number is glaring at me, and it finally sunk in that the number is serious. I don't really feel it. It's true when they say that age is just a number. Yes it's just a number and it's a fact we cannot change. It is exact, it is precise. I shook my head from side to side because I know it my heart I feel younger than 39.

I reminisced back, at the years that gone by. My life was not so bad. I have a boring life, and I'm responsible for it because I wasn't the adventurous type. Many things has not changed. I'm still the introvert me (don't worry, I learned to embrace it and loving it) so I don't have much friends, but I love people. They just misunderstood me being quiet almost all the time, but there are some people who I would really have to have around. Believe me, I thought I was not normal. But I learned a lot, and I guess I'm normal. Just a little different.

Like I said I don't feel 39. Though I feel my hips and my back complain when doing laundry and carrying heavy stuff from the groceries, and crows feet start to grow on my eyes, I don't feel old. I still want to dance and sing like I was 18, still want to wear the shirts the same size when I was in college, but that's another story.

I have been body-shamed. Many times. If you know me in person you would not think it, but I have. I'm still 51 kilos 66 inches. Underweight shouted the nurse that once looked the scale for a required annual medical check up. I'll post another blog for the body shaming part, it needs a separate story. I'm glad that I still have not gained a lot of weight. Thanks to my father now in heaven for my genes. But I really wish to have a clear skin. Please, God, before I turn 40, maybe? Hehe :)

Back to my 39th birthday, there was no celebration though the day fell on a Sunday. It was because the day before, we moved to a new apartment. Just two doors from the old one. It's bigger, ten of our friends and family can fit in, and I'm happy I can make some minor decorations. I think that's already enough birthday gift for me. I don't need grand celebration. I'm happy just having my loved ones around.

I have been too lazy to blog these days. No one bothers to read, and I guess blog is dying because vlogs are so the latest thing. I have been watching more of those videos too.

See, I don't sound old. I'm not old. Age, it's nothing. It's the heart that matters! :D






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and I love you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...