Friday, April 12, 2013

Untitled

One fine day, I went to this clothes store at the mall. When I stepped inside, the female sales clerk greeted me "Good morning ma'am, ano pong hinahanap nyo?" I just smiled and said "Wala naman, tumitingin tingin lang". Then I went straight to a rack of corporate blouses. The store did not have anything below 500 for a top, even if they're on sale. Judging from my looks, maybe the sales lady thought I could not afford what she was selling. I was wearing an almost "pambahay" attire that day - my old faded jeans and a t-shirt I bought from Divisoria. When I'm done checking the clothes in that corner and moved to the next rack, the sales lady followed me, re-arranged all the clothes that I touched like I left them in chaos. No I did not. She was just obviously irritated at my presence so I approached the lady and said "Ginulo ko ba, sorry ha" then I stormed out the store.

FreeDigitalPhotos
That incident happened to me more than once. Going inside a shop that sells "high end" stuff makes the people there look at you from head to toe. And if you pass the "screening", you'd enjoy their kind treatment. If you don't, you'd be getting the hey-girl-you-think-you-have-money-to-spend-here look and treated the other way around. It's because I don't have a fair and super smooth skin, in other words. I don't look rich.

We are often judged by our looks, the clothes we wear, the car and the house we owned and things like that. That's life! Harsh reality. But you know what, there is Someone who does not look at us that way.

I Samuel 16:7 says "But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”


Know that even if the world is looking at us differently, God does not care about them. Is your heart looking good enough in God's sight? I hope the answer is yes! :)


7 comments:

  1. I love this entry! Very true and we could never get enough of these kinds of reminder :) Thank for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you also, i'm glad you liked it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are really these types of people in the mall :( That's why when I am being assisted by a super nice sales lady (regardless if I am wearing pambahay), I make it a point to be extra friendly by using please and buy more items if my wallet permits hehe..

    thanks for visiting my site by the way :) have a great day!


    http://thebudgetfashionseeker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salespeople like that scare customers away. Personally, even if I wanted to buy something and the SA acts like that I get disgusted and end up not buying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and if the SA is kind, sometimes even if you don't intend to buy, you'd end up buying because they're just so nice they deserve some compensation! :) Thank you for dropping by!

      Delete

Thank you for reading my blog and I love you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...