Tuesday, November 14, 2017

The Trappings of Christmas

Because it's November, the season of me worrying about gift giving on Christmas day has just began. I admit, I worry more than allow myself to enjoy the festivities. Do I love Christmas? I used to. When I was a kid. But don't all children do?


Don't get me wrong, I still love Christmas. But being the adult who is expected more to give than to receive on this season, I get really stressed. Don't get me wrong again, it's not that I don't want to give. It's just sometimes, we are expected to give more than what we have, or we can afford. I do believe that it is always better to give than to receive. Giving makes me happy, and seeing these people who was happy with what I gave them makes me even happier. Those smiles on their faces are priceless.


I'm happy when I receive gifts myself, especially from people I least expect to receive gifts from. It does not matter if it's a soup bowl or toilet cleaning brush, it's the thought that counts. 

It's the middle of November already, and I have not started buying gifts yet. I wish I have a bonus, apart from my 13th month pay, which is I set aside for our house construction. I wish my company would earn three times its income for the past years in the next years, so the blessings would be shared to ALL employees ;p Hahaha! Enough of dreaming.

Anyway, highway, whoever happens to stumble upon this blog, who know me in real life, leave a comment or let me know. I might include you in my Christmas list! :)

Have a Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and I love you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...