Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Ending October This Way

This month I had the worst of fever and flu combination so far. It started with a runny nose the night of 15th. The following day I started feeling feverish but still managed to go to work. I still manage to go to work despite having fever and colds, with the help of medicines, I’ve been okay. I was not feeling okay, but I always believed I was fine. For many years that was how I’ve been doing. That day I could not count how many rolls of toilet paper I used to blow my nose but on the third day, Wednesday, I could no longer force my body off my bed. I decided to text my boss I could not go to work. Three bioflus, one whole day of lying in bed, off to work the following day. I thought I was fine still taking bioflu for the next two days. Filled the trash bin under my desk with more rolls of toilet paper, and on Friday night the fever has finally taken its toll on me.  I was awaken by the heat of my own body at three in the morning of that Saturday, in which that day I planned to work overtime for some extra work I had left that week. But it turned out to be another day of lying in bed feeling miserable, vulnerable, weak and lonely- physically, emotionally, literally, and figuratively.

But today I am fine. And to end another month feeling okay is better. Ten months down for 2017 and now is not a good time to look back at the past ten months. This year is not one of the best years of my life but has the most things I have learned. I have survived the first semester of my MBA, which is probably the only good thing I will remember for this year and I hope that the next semester is better for me. I wanted to learn how to be an extrovert, but there is no such course so I took up MBA instead. Who knows? It’s probably time to awaken that sleeping leader in me.

But I am always full of hopes. I am praying to never lose hope in anything and everything that happens in my life. And I’m learning to be grateful. I am grateful.


Thank you to my husband who’s been taking care of me. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and I love you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...