Sunday, April 29, 2018

Sad, Hurt and Self-Pitying


This was how my week was. Tuesday morning at work when I heard the news that another friend at work is leaving. All employees in my department that left had the same reason, but not all were brave enough to be really honest about it.

I'm sad because I have stayed for so long I have witnessed people come and go. Most of them had become close to my heart and working with them made the everyday stress of our jobs seemed to be lighter. They will be replaced by someone else but there could be no one else like them. They were amazing people and I know that it's the company's loss for letting them go.

I feel hurt because all that left had the same feeling of resentment. It's as if their stay was not important and they had done nothing important to the company they had served in those times. They felt they were not valued and I really think that that was not fair. I could not believe words I heard from the person I respected all these years, that there was nothing she could do about our situation. I believe she had the power and influence to do something great that could touch her people's life and make it better. She could have done something. She could do better, and we are not stupid to believe that she was powerless when she said so. Did she really think we were stupid?

All these years she did not care about us when we care so much about the company that has been our second family. I am feeling the same for I have spent most of my time at work and I know to myself that I have loved the company the way I love my family and all I'd hear from the people I have served is them telling me they're sorry Im leaving. And that's that for the long years of my service.




1 comment:

Thank you for reading my blog and I love you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...