Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Going To The Supermarket Has Become A Dangerous Task

Back in the normal days (I meant before the lockdown) I go to the supermarket once a week. If I ran out of something important, I wait for the opening of the one near at my work place to buy it before I go to work because I could save time compared to doing the groceries after work on the way home. I enjoy doing the groceries in the first minutes of its opening because I have all the aisles to myself. Lol! I miss those days.

In this time of quarantine, my preferred supermarket is SM. There's one nearby and a wet market a few meters away but I don't like it there. SM provides chairs inside their airconditioned malls and generous with alcohol and disinfecting upon entrance. The mall is not open though. They use the hallways nearest to the supermarket as queing area for the customers. They strictly follow social distancing. But once people are inside the supermarket, it can't be controlled when people still can't help standing side by side with little to no distance. I was standing at the cashier line yesterday waiting for my turn when this older lady behind me seemed to forget to keep her distance.

I spent more than three hours yesterday at that supermarket for a couple of days stock. I could only take what I could carry walking back home.

In the normal days, grocery shopping was one of my most favorite tasks. But now, it's not the safest thing to do but I do it anyway because I don't trust anyone (aka my husband) else to do it. And I don't have any other choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and I love you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...