Friday, April 10, 2020

Pandemic and Thoughts

It's the 10th of April as I write this post. I just ate pancit given by the neighbor next door, the mother of the house has been constantly giving us food since the lock down. I could not offer them our food, I don't cook good. Though I have plenty of time, I cannot waste food now. So I can't practice cook food that i have not cooked before. I'm not confident. My employer would not pay our salary for the days we did not work. It will all be charged to our vacation and sick leave credits. To me it would be fine if we spent it relaxing. But this is pandemic. We spend days doing nothing and worry about what would happen next. I had planned to use my vacation leave credits to take my mother to Catanduanes to visit her family there. And this plan will be moved next year. I will be paying off debts as soon as work comes back. I'm not angry, nobody wanted this. I just wished that things were different and the management of my employer were kinder and more generous.

Over the past lock down days, I busy myself with watching Netflix and movies saved in my computer. I go to the supermarket once a week to replenish our food stock. My clothes tell me I have not gained weight yet. Maybe its because I still exercise for about ten minutes a day before dinner. It helps me sleep better at night.

Right now, I'm trying to read an ebook. I hope I can finish a few before things go back to normal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and I love you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...