Monday, December 3, 2012

The One Thing I Don't Like About Christmas


I’ll go straight to the point—it’s people asking for gifts (or worse, money)!
It’s the time of the year once again.  I love Christmas, don’t get me wrong.  It’s just that why it has become this way? Since when has giving gifts become an obligation?

Okay, so let me define the word gift first and foremost:

Gift:  something given voluntarily without payment in return, as to show favor toward someone, honor an occasion, or make a gesture of assistance; present.


With the definition above, I don’t really think I have to explain, do I?

When someone gave you a gift, I’m sure you know how it feels like. You just didn’t care about the price tag of that gift. All you felt was the happiness and appreciation that somebody appreciated you for something, or just by being you.  The feeling that somebody remembered you on a particular occasion makes you look at life in a brighter perspective and brings so much inspiration. When a gift is given to you, there’s no doubt that you deserve it. And if you deserve it, you won’t ask for it, it will be given to you with a happy heart.

Asking for gifts or worse money during Christmas may be normal (at least to us Pinoys) nowadays, but I am not really all for it. I will give gifts to my loved ones. But when these people whose faces you only see every 25th of December shows up at your doorstep, greets you “Merry Christmas, where’s my gift?” or “merry Christmas, (with palms up wide open)! Duh?!

Christmas is probably the best time to give because we have bonuses and 13th month pay to spare but it has also been abused by the people who are so selfish they’d forget the essence of Christmas.

Have a wonderful Christmas everyone!

Photo credits:  Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and I love you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...