Friday, December 28, 2012

Welcome 2013!


A few more days and we’ll be saying goodbye to 2012. Time flies so freaking fast, what did I do with 2012? I guess I have spent so much time at work, television and sleep. I guess I was not that productive this year. My! I have wasted some precious time.  Well, here comes 2013! I still have another chance and make the most out of it, right?

Maybe some of you feel the same way like I do. Perhaps you’ve been wondering what happened to your 2012 too. Well, that’s past; we can never take it back. There’s no sense in crying over spilled milk so let’s shake this feeling off.

While browsing some forums I found this very inspirational quote from Edith L. Pierce:

“We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called “Opportunity” and its first chapter is New Year’s Day.”
I find this quote very inspiring.  Personally, I am not a new year fanatic. I don’t make new year’s resolution although I know I have so much to change in myself. I don’t buy round fruits or wear polka dotted clothes on new year’s eve, or follow any of those superstitions taught by our old folks. Maybe they would hate me for it, sorry! :)

Well, just what the quote above says, we are the ones to put words on the blank pages of the book that represents our lives. I know some things are beyond our control, but how we are going to respond to it or look at it lies to ourselves.  We decide on how we look at life. I will decide how my life would be. What will happen to my life years from now, I am not so sure but I know what I would want it to be. I hope you too will decide how would you like your life to be or at least with the way you look at life.

Happy 2013 to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and I love you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...