Friday, January 4, 2013

Have A Healthy 2013


I am not much of a health buff and most of the time I feel scared when I hear someone died or getting a serious disease, I can’t help but think about my health. An average Filipino does not go to a doctor for regular check-ups. The main reason for most is money, and or maybe it has become the norm for us to only visit the doctor when something does not feel right with our bodies. In the company I work, we have annual physical check-ups, but that does not make me feel secure about my health.  But I’m thankful and grateful to God that I am blessed with a good health.   Despite of some skin allergies, I rarely get sick. In fact last 2012, I only got colds twice and it’s not bad I was still able to go to work.

I want to share with you some things I do to keep my body health. I hope you find it helpful.

I had no idea when my habit of hand washing began (I guess when I started working in a food manufacturing company) but it really helped me avoid catching the flu. Never had a bad flu in ages, only had it because of the weather. I wash my hands with soap and water at work, when I get home, at the malls, or just anywhere I find it possible. 

I drink plenty of water, at least 10 glasses a day.  Sometimes the cold temperature inside the office makes me drink less than what I want but to make sure I don’t get to just sit the whole eight hours, the every-hour-or-so peeing helped me to have a bit of an exercise. Hitting two birds with one stone, huh?!

Most people don’t like drinking green tea because of the taste but since I have been having it as an alternative to coffee for years, I think it helped a lot in my health. I’m sure yahoo already published a lot of articles about its health benefits so go ahead, have some tea time with your friends, hope you’ll get used to the taste.

I walk a lot.  Upon going to and from work, I walk for about five to ten minutes from home to the jeepney terminal.  Sometimes, I would take faster pace so my heart would pump and it feels better.  I prefer walking when going to a place in a distance that’s “walkable”.

So that’s just about it. Only four, but they are tried and tested for years health tips by your friendly neighborhood housegirl-me! Have a nice day y’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and I love you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...