Thursday, January 31, 2013

My Top Ten Favorite Lines from Movies

At this moment, these are my favorite lines from movies. It may change as time goes by, as new movies come, as my mood changes, and all those things than can make me change my mind :) Just want to share and I hope some happened to be your favorite too.

Number 10:
 That day, for no particular reason, I decided to go for a little run. So I ran to the end of the road. And when I got there, I thought maybe I'd run to the end of town. And when I got there, I thought maybe I'd just run across Greenbow County. And I figured, since I run this far, maybe I'd just run across the great state of Alabama. And that's what I did. I ran clear across Alabama. For no particular reason I just kept on going. I ran clear to the ocean. And when I got there, I figured, since I'd gone this far, I might as well turn around, just keep on going. When I got to another ocean, I figured, since I'd gone this far, I might as well just turn back, keep right on going”.  -- Forrest Gump
   
***I have watched this movie more than once, the other one dubbed in Tagalog, I don't understand why I could not stop crying in that particular scene. It was when Forrest was  broken-hearted, I could feel his pain, and I felt like he was trying to suppress that pain but did not succeed, so he just ran and ran. Maybe I would do that too, whenever I feel like life has not been being good to me, I'd just run all those blues away, good idea right?

Number 9:
 “ Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words: "With great power comes great responsibility." This is my gift, my curse. Who am I? I'm Spider-man. “ --  Spiderman

***The infamous Peter Parker line, I just felt like this line is meant for the leaders in our country. They should be responsible for the power entrusted to them. Hay, election is coming soon!

Number 8:
: “Me without that job isn’t me. But me without you and Ben and Emily is nothing” -- I Don’t Know How She Does It. 

***The only movie of Sarah Jessica Parker I've seen so far. It's a nice one, I suggest that you working mothers should watch this because this is for you, you can absolutely relate to the character, and you'll definitely enjoy and see yourself in this movie.

Number 7:
"How do you know my dimwitted inexperience isn't really a subtle form of manipulation used to lower peoples expectations, thereby enhancing my ability to maneuver myself within any given situation?" -- Scream 2

***Magandang pang hirit sa mga taong nang underestimate ng kakayahan mo bilang tao. Paki english please!

Number 6:
"To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human." -- The Matrix

***See, you should always trust your instincts! 

Number 5:

“I don't want to rule my own country, I just want to pass the tenth grade The Princess Diaries

***If this kind of girl exists in real life, I bet she's not even human!

Number 4: 
"Look, I guarantee there’ll be tough times. I guarantee that at some point, one or both of us is gonna want to get out of this thing. But I also guarantee that if I don’t ask you to be mine, I’ll regret it for the rest of my life, because I know, in my heart, you’re the only one for me. " --Runaway Bride

***Aww, that just sounds so romantic! But it's rare for a woman who's afraid to get married. This is one of my most favorite romantic comedy of all time.

Number 3:
"A loser?! Who you calling a loser? What if I rip one of your antennas off and throw it across the yard, who's the loser then?" --Mulan

***Ang taray diba?! Don't you just love movies with tough chicks? If I become an actress (which I know will never ever happen, IF lang naman eh) I would love to play the roles of those model-looking women who kicks ass, fire guns like men, or like a cop, or a CIA agent, or like Nikita and Sydney Bristow in those tv series :)

Number 2:
"Every man dies but not every man really lives." --Braveheart.

***One of my favorite films of all time. I love Mel Gibson in this film. And I learned somewhere that the swords and knives used in this movie were made here in the Philippines. Pero bakit parang wala akong nakitang balisong? Corny! :)


and the Number 1, drumrolls please............



Photo by Google Images
"Do, or do not. There is no ‘try’.” --The Empire Strikes Back

Who doesn't love Yoda? I am not a big Starwars fan though, but it's always the ugly but old wise man wins our hearts.  Guess this line is for people like me who are always afraid to step out of their comfort zones and take risks sometimes. Thanks Yoda, I will listen to you from now on. :)









Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...