Friday, March 15, 2013

Smokers May Hate Me For This


Don’t get me wrong, I don’t hate people who smoke. What I hate is the smoke itself. I hate the smell of cigarette smoke, and I hate what it could bring to our health, in short I hate everything about cigarettes! I respect their right to smoke, but I just hope that they also respect people who do not smoke, and people who hate the smell of cigars.  I am not being maarte here, it’s just that the smell gives me a terrible headache that can’t be relieved by a five hundred milligram pain reliever tablet. 
Photo courtesy of Grant Cochrane from www.freedigitalphotos.net
There are smokers wherever I go, and that’s something I have to live with.  Like here in our office, it’s just so ironic that I am side by side with two smokers and I am pretty sure that from this day on, it will always be a part of me making it through the day. Of course they don’t smoke inside the airconditioned office, but I know for sure that they don’t realize that they bring with them the horrible smell of the smoke they puffed outside.  What makes it worse is that the smell lingers on for a little long while, and they don’t think they have any idea of it. I know they don’t mean to bring the smell inside, but how would they know and what could they do? Wash their hands? Chew more breath mints? Spray Lysol all over the place once they get in? And it’s horrible to know that it’s the people around who inhales the smoke that are more exposed to danger than the ones who actually smoke. I think I just have to cover my nose or wear a mask and pretend I have colds.  Right, maybe that's just what I should do!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...