Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Hello 2018! (What I Should Title My First Post for 2018)

I'm typing from my office computer. It's lunch break. The lights are out and I still have twenty minutes to spare. Most people are still on vacation but I'm not jealous. I'm happy with the past few days I was able to spend with my family.

The weather is perfect outside. It must be rainy in some part of the archipelago. I love it when the sun do not glare at me like it's throwing all its energy. I love it when the clouds are drifting by like they are shielding me from the heat. It's just so perfect outside.

Fresh start. Clean slate. I'm not a "new year, new me" fan but I love the "brand new start" ideas, only that you can start doing it anytime. Not every after three hundred sixty five days. The goal or willingness to make a change can be started once anyone decides to do it. So if I feel like I'm tired of something and want to change it, I'll do it now. Because time is important, and if it's something good, there's no better time than do it now!

But for the sake of new year, I'm going to make some new years resolutions. That would be to read more and write more because I really wanted to improve my writing. And to use all the pages of my recently acquired 2018 planner. And last, my quest to keep on improving myself continues. I am looking forward to a better version of me in the coming years.

And, also, before I forget, I will still keep on being grateful for life everyday. I believe that all the blessing that God has already prepared for me is just out there waiting for me to receive them. I thank God for all these wonderful things He gave and done for me. Thank you God!

Let me end this post with a quote I have found from one of my favorite blogs:

" Instead of treating myself like something broken that needed fixing, I began looking for my potential and making progress with the things I’m doing right."  - Lisa Manterfield

I have been learning to love myself the right way because only then I can learn to give more love to the people who matters (and even those who don't) in my life.

Happy new year to all!




1 comment:

  1. Happy new year to you! Keep writing, reading, and improving ^_^
    I agree that we need to choose being grateful every day for God is so good all the time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and I love you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...