Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Pause and Blog

Stop! Stop everything I’m doing now and blog for a few minutes. I have been quite busy. Work piled up starting this month and I was too lazy to attend my classes on the first Saturday of this year. The night before I had contemplated if my decision to enroll for this program was right. I forgot that I had a home work that should be done during the holiday break  and it made my body, mind, and spirit to be too unwilling to report back to school for the next day. I almost cried. But still I got up early and went anyway. The day went fine, except that I had to present my report for my assigned topic in one of my subjects for the next meeting, which I was expecting this to be happening in February. This made the next week of my life busier. I was never interested in government whereabouts. But since it’s school stuff I have to go through it and go get some knowledge about government budgets. Thank you Google, you are heaven-sent!

I am most uncomfortable with speaking in front of many people. This is the most challenging part of my student life, even in my undergraduate years a long time ago. Ask me to do a research about any topic and write about it with at least five hundred words, but standing in front of around thirty people from different industries in all level in the corporate and academic world and presenting a topic is just too scary for me. I’m glad I have done three, and there’s more to come.

There’s nothing special about January, I don’t really like this month. But what surprised me was there were two gifts that came. Well, Christmas never ends. Both were unexpected, and it made me really happy. So it’s true that when you start being grateful, and sharing your blessings to the people around you, it will all come back to you in many unexpected ways. And most of the time, it’s not the material value of such things, but it’s the amazing and surprising way it happens.  If you are surrounded by kind and generous people, it’s not difficult to become one.

In the past years, I have been so oblivious about the many good things I have in my life and fretting (even crying) over the things I do not have. But life has a way of teaching me lessons. I have learned, well, the hard way, but still grateful that now I know I am blessed in many ways I could not count. Thank you God!  


Back to regular programming! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and I love you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...