Tuesday, April 13, 2021

A New Life Back In My Hometown

When I thought it wouldn’t be hard for me to adjust to live in a place where I used to, I was wrong. In fact, it was the most difficult compared to my previous moving locations. I don’t know, maybe it’s because I have been away for too long. Fourteen years to be exact. There were a lot of changes in the neighborhood, especially the new many faces and new many houses that used to be rice fields. I was glad to see the old faces grew older and the young ones when I left are now taking care of children of their own. Life here really moved on without me. Of course, what did I expect? Haha!

Coming home had me washed with mixed emotions. I felt happy and anxious at the same time. I see my dreams flashing in front of me like it would take only seconds for it to finally hit me and pull myself back again because I was not completely ready. I asked myself if I was not that prepared for my dreams to happen. I had thought that have I not been really prepared to have the things that I deserved be materializing in my life.

Adjusting was more difficult than I expected. Travelling from home to work and vice versa was the most difficult part, but all of it was worth it because I felt that living close (practically neighbors) to my family is like a lifetime of security. I feel secure here.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Claire! I was surprised to see this post. I hope everything is well from your end. I hope the move back to you to hometown is nothing serious.

    Maybe at this time, your life took a detour. But please don't give up on your dream. I always believe that those detours, even though they are scary and sometimes painful, leads to better roads. Tuloy lang ang biyahe :) Fighting!!!

    Diane :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and I love you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...