Monday, April 12, 2021

It's April 2021, This Blog Is Still Here

 Hello! Before I began typing a new blog entry, I had to check what my last post was about. It has been almost a year, May 29, covid still lingering around like the clouds rolling by beneath the blue beautiful sky. The weather is lovely today. It was unusually gloomy



in the early part of the morning but I’m glad it changed to the usual April weather. Whew! What an intro!

Anyway, I’m home and will be staying home until the 27th of April. I had this pain in my back that started sometime in December and it never seemed to leave me so I decided to go see a doctor, to cut the long story short, he ordered me to take days off from work from March 18 to April 27,  take meds and not get covid. I hope my sss sickness benefit will be waving at me sooner.  Hello ayuda!

So what happened since my last post? June 2020, our work resumed amidst the quarantine that was classified in several versions ended in letter Q, which until now I still have not fully memorized the difference. That time public transportation was still very limited so our company had to hire a shuttle service to pick and drop employees off work. I was lucky to live in an apartment just a few meters away from the pick-up location. It lasted until October when jeepneys came back on the roads and we were on our own without the aid of the mini bus, covid still lingered but by this time people seemed to be relaxed. It was also around this time my husband and I decided to buy a motorcycle because we were moving to our own house. November 28, 2020, we said goodbye to our neighbors of two years in an apartment near Masinag market, took all our belongings and rode to our new (old to me) home.

I lived in Binangonan since we moved here in 1990. I was ten years old, life was hard for our family but here at least we could say that we had the right to settle. When I got married in 2007, I moved with my husband in Antipolo. We lived with his family for four months, then decided to rent an apartment nearby, somewhere in Antipolo but still close to my work. In late 2009 to early 2010, when my husband got frequently sick I asked him to resign from his job and when he could not find a decent job right away we decided to go back to his parents house and lived with my in-laws again to save money. We lived there for the next eight years or so until we decided to separate again by renting an apartment in Masinag, and last 2020 we finally decided to live in our own house, not yet fully completed in construction but full of dreams to fulfill. In between those years, my life and our marriage had to face so many challenges.

So, right now, I’m at my mother’s house typing this post because I have the luxury of time. My blog has been sleeping for a year because I could not access it from my office computer and I was too lazy to blog. What happened to me since my last post, I will continue in another post as this has already reached almost six hundred words. See me! J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and I love you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...